Friday, July 1, 2011

A Bowhunter's Legacy: Quiet Season

We are in between seasons here in the sandhills. Currently there isn 't a hunting season open and the league season has yet to begin. It's quiet season. Which means when I'm down at the range I'm just puttering around. We started to play archery golf, which is quiet a fun way pass the time.

But yesterday I shot a 3d round. I was quite pleased with the results. My bow is shooting the best it ever has and I am very focused and not frustrated. It's helped to have a little down time and relax. It's something I will have to remember when league begins again, take time to just enjoy shooting.

It's been a lot of fun to just go shoot for the fun of it. It's a relaxed environment right now. There is a lot of conversation time and time to improve as an archer. But I must say I am ready for league to begin, I miss seeing some of the regular archers, I miss their crazy stories, I miss the commradery.

Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment