Sunday, July 10, 2011

The New Life: Old Friends

Today I realized how much I really do miss my friends in Omaha.
I spent fourty five minutes talking to my best friend from high school. It's amazing how much our lives have changed, how much we've both changed, but mostly its amazing how we picked up the conversation where it left off. T and I were pretty close in high school, I considered her a sister, I still do. When she asked why I hadn't called to tell her my life was falling apart I didn't have a good answer. But I honestly wanted to so bad. I guess I figured she had a lot going on in her life, she didn't need my stress too. I've missed her everyday from the day she stood up with me at my wedding. I hope we can really make time for each other, I'm longing for the fun times we used to have together.

Afterwards I roamed the Big D's facebook page. I haven't talked to him in about two months. I've called and left messages, it would appear I've done something to make him mad. The Big D and I always had a close relationship. He helped me early on in my archery career, as a matter of fact he still helps me he just doenst know it. He is just like my Pappa. I really miss talking to him. Today I saw he got a huge tom during the turkey season. It made me miss him more, knowing I wasn't there to share in the excitment. I wish things were back to normal with him. Maybe I'll invite him out for deer season and see where it leads. I miss my Pappa, I hope he comes around.

Lastly I miss Ames. I just saw her last month. We caught up and talked about our futures. I still find myself missing her. I miss how we used to go down to the arena and roam around on our horses. I miss all the laughs that echoed throughout the barn. I miss the encouragment and the hope she filled me with. In all honesty she isn't that far away, I could go up anytime and see her, but for some reason my busy life holds me back. She is another sister of mine. I hope we never lose that because I love her as if we were family.

Why I've all the sudden started missing my friends I don't know. But I do know that having Handsome in Omaha for the last week has really made me miss Omaha. When I talk to him I can almost hear Omaha behind him. I can picture him out with his friends and it really makes me miss all of my friends still there. Honestly when I ran from Omaha I didn't intend to run from my friends. I didnt mean to abandone them, it just kind of happened.


T, Big D, Ames, I love you guys so much, you are my extended family... I promise I'll make more time for you guys... I promise come hell or high water I'll be there.
Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment