Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Bowhunter's Legacy: Chasing the Arrows

It would seem we are back to square one with Arie, my bow. She isn’t cooperating and is really starting to frustrate me. I spent last night down at the range with a friend chasing my arrows around the target. We’d move the sight up only to move it back down. It not only frustrated me it frustrated Jace.

As my hunting trip looms I find myself slightly panicked. I’ve called up to Black Hills Archery, he’ll take a look at my bow to make sure everything is okay and to make sure the limbs aren’t twisted. But as the frustration settles back into my chest I start to think that coming home with a moose might be next to impossible.

I’ve spent so much time in lessons learning proper form. I’ve adapted from recurve to compound. I’ve done everything to get myself ready, but I’m still struggling. The added pressure of the hunt isn’t helping. When I am shooting I do everything to push the pressure off. A lot of times I can get rid of it, but there is still that looming date September 5th, the day I arrive in Alaska.

Sure I’ve still got plenty of time, but if I don’t find out what is going on pretty soon the hunt of a lifetime might not be worth packing my bags for.

No comments:

Post a Comment