Friday, August 10, 2012

The New Life: Not All That Glitters


I laid down in the dark grass and stared up at the stars. My heart was aching in my chest, I knew things were wrong, of balance, off center, just outright wrong. I opened my heart and prayed. “Our Father who Art in Heaven.”

I paused thinking of what I wanted to say, knowing he could understand it all. “Lord all I want is my best friend. That’s all I need. The man who will put himself on the line, I feel him calling me but I’m unable to see him.”

I listened quietly to the night around me as I prayed for an answer. It was quiet and not quite what I hoped to hear, “Patience my child, and rest in my word that soon it will all be alright.”

Closing my eyes I rolled over onto my side and cried. Wishing for the man I wanted to be with for eternity, praying he’d manifest out of the cold summer’s night. Eventually I fell asleep in the lawn.

When I woke the next morning my heart was lighter, my breath came easier, my mind was at ease. I kissed my bug, looked up to the sky and thanked the Lord for a better day...

No comments:

Post a Comment